Monday, October 18, 2004

God's Revenge or Head Cold Day II

I hate getting sick. Thankfully I'm pretty resistant to it, but every once in a while one of those little bugs breaks through my immunity system and makes me miserable for a couple of days.

I decided to extend my weekend by at least one more day because of it. Now many people reading this will say, "How can you miss work?" Easy, the same way I can miss classes. I always get annoyed at people who don't have enough sense to dial it back when they get sick. I especially get annoyed at people who insist on gracing everyone else with their presence when they get sick.

I prefer to be sensible and respectful of other people when I get sick. I don't make things worse by running around in the cold and windy morning and I respect my co-workers and boss by not exposing them to my misery and/or causing other people to miss work because of it.

It's a sad pathology in this country that we are somehow cheating somebody if we don't go to work, even for legitimate reasons like sickness.

No comments: